This 2 day Safety Representative course aims to give the learners an understanding of health & safety legislation.
It will equip them with the skills which will enable them to fulfill their role as a Safety Representative.
- Those selected by employers to the role of Safety Rep.
- Those who are interested in becoming a Safety Rep.
On completion of this course the learners will be able to:-
- List the responsibilities of employers and employees.
- Understand their new role of Safety Representative.
- Better understand the consultative process within their organisation.
- Identify typical workplace hazards & assess associated risks.
- Investigate accidents & recommend preventative actions.
- Health and Safety Legislation
- Roles & Functions of the Safety Representative
- Role of the Health and Safety Authority
- Safety Management
- Risk Assessment/Safety Statement
- Accident/incidents/Near Misses
- Accident Prevention/Investigation – Typical Workplace Hazards & Risks.
- Workplace inspections/Auditing
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Safety Awareness & Management
- Manual Handling/Slips, Trips, Falls
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Display Screen Equipment & Ergonomics.
- Additional Health & Safety information relating to your Company/Industry.
- Classroom based power-point presentation with a lot of interactive exercises & discussions throughout.
- Interactive problem solving case studies throughout.
Continuous assessment throughout the course followed by an MCQ Examination. Students receive a PSTC Certificate on completion.