Our 1-day Patient Moving Training teaches the skills to handle and move patients safely and securely for healthcare providers.
They can be easily injured if incorrect equipment or methods are used to aid the moving and handling of patients. This one-day programme is designed to train participants how to handle and move patients with the use of certain equipment.
Who should attend this Patient moving training
This training is aimed at nurses, healthcare assistants, SNA’s and any person who wants to learn safe patient moving and handling
To give participants the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to deal with the moving and handling of people in line national standards.
- The Law and its Application to the Manual Handling Environment
- Musculoskeletal System
- Biomechanics and Mechanism of Injury
- Ergonomics and Risk Assessment
- Basic Principles of Lifting
- Log Roll
- Sitting Patient up in Bed
- Turning patient in bed using sliding sheets
- Moving patient up the bed using sliding sheets
- Standing patient
- Transferring patient from bed to chair
- The falling patient
- Correct use of hoist / slings
Methods of training
The course is highly interactive with each theory session being followed by a demonstration, practical tasks and assessment of individual skills.
Assessment & Certification
Continuous assessment throughout the course. Students receive a PSTC Certificate on completion. The certificate is valid for 3 years.
Duration & Cost
1 day course and cost is €70