Our half-day Infection Prevention and Control course is designed to give anyone who is at risk from infection the necessary skills to protect themselves in line with national standards.
It is ideal for nurses, healthcare assistants, social care workers, and everybody who is involved in the healthcare sector.
Who Should Attend this course
This training is aimed at nurses, healthcare assistants and any person who wants to learn how to learn infection prevention & control
To give participants the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to deal with the risk from infection and the essential skills to protect themselves in line with national standards
- Overview of infection control.
- World Health Organisation ‘Cleaner Care is Safer Care’ pact.
- Infection prevention and control.
- Hand hygiene, including a practical session for each participant.
- Waste management and decontamination issues.
- Personal protection, including the types of protective equipment available to use.
- Needle-stick injuries or any occupational health injury/accident.
Methods of training
The course is highly interactive with each theory session being followed by a demonstration, practical tasks and assessment of individual skills.
Assessment & Certification
Continuous assessment throughout the course. Students receive a PSTC Certificate on completion. The certificate is valid for 2 years.
Duration & Cost
half day course and cost is €50