Our half-day CFR Community course is designed to give participants the knowledge and skills to provide CPR to people in Cardiac Arrest. A cardiac first responder Community level is a person trained in cardiopulmonary resuscitation and in the use of an automated external defibrillator (AED) who can respond to someone who has suddenly collapsed. A cardiac first responder plays a critical role in keeping a person alive until the commencement of expert medical care.
Who Should Attend this CFR Community course
This training is aimed at anyone who wants to learn life-saving CPR & AED training
The CFR Community standard is the expected competency of the student upon completion of a recognised course. A person, at the end of a recognised CFR Community course, will be able to:
- Recognise the signs of a life-threatening emergency.
- Respond in an effective, safe and appropriate manner, to a life-threatening emergency, utilising basic life support skills.
- Retrieve and appropriately use, if required, an automated external defibrillator during a cardiac arrest.
- Report and Record their actions and interventions appropriately and handover to emergency medical services.
- Module 1: Basic Emergency Care – On completion of Module 1 the student will be able to recognise the signs of a life-threatening emergency and can initiate basic life support to the person who suddenly collapses or is choking. The student will also learn the indications and administration of Aspirin
- Module 2: Accessing and Use of an Automated External Defibrillator – On completion of Module 2 the student will be able to use an automated external defibrillator (AED) without delay in accordance with the appropriate PHECC CPGs.
- Module 3: Safety and Communication – On completion of Module 3 the student will be able to activate the Emergency Medical Services and communicate effectively with other healthcare professionals in the continuum of care for the patient.
Methods of training
The course is highly interactive with DVD lead training and practical implementation of the learning
Assessment & Certification
Continuous assessment throughout the course. Students receive a PHECC Certificate on completion valid for 2 years
Duration & Cost
Half-day course and cost is €50