This 1 day Portable Appliance Testing course is designed to allow people to safely test portable appliances in their places of employment.
The regulations on Portable Appliance Testing in Ireland can be found in the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations, SI 299, 2007.
The regulation directs employers to ensure that all portable equipment used in their place of work is periodically inspected and tested by a competent person.
Any personnel required to undertake a practical inspection and testing of electrical equipment. This Portable Appliance Testing Course is ideal for electricians, Maintenance & Engineering personnel
To give participants the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to Test portable appliances under the relevant Health & Safety legislation
Portable Appliance Testing course
- Legislation governing and Codes of Practice covering Portable Appliance Testing
- Health and Safety
- Portable Appliance Testing theory
- Visual inspection of portable appliances
- Determining Class I and Class II portable electrical appliances testing Class I appliances, Testing Class II appliances, Testing an IEC lead and Testing an extension lead
- Understanding fuse rating
- PASS / FAIL in relation to Portable Appliances Labelling
- Record keeping including portable appliance maintenance
- Plug wiring and general information about how electricity works
- Identification and labeling of Portable Appliances
The course is highly interactive with each theory session being followed by a demonstration, practical tasks and assessment of individual skills.
Continuous assessment throughout the course. Students receive a PSTC Certificate on completion.
1 day course cost €295 pp