Our MEWP Training / Mobile Elevating Working on Platforms course or more commonly known as Scissors and Boom lift course is designed for operators who do not hold a certificate or whose certification needs refreshing.
On completion of this course, the learners will be able to;
- Identify their responsibilities under current health & safety legislation
- Operate a MEWP safely
- Conduct safety checks on MEWP’s – GA Forms
- Work safely at heights using an MEWP
- Understand the responsibilities of an MEWP operator
- Identify possible workplace hazards (e.g. Overhead electrical cables)
- Duties imposed under current health & safety legislation in relation to operating MEWP’s
- Explanation, demonstration & practice in the correct procedures to adopt when operating a MEWP
- Daily safety checks / inspection
- Safe Operating Practices
- Emergency Lowering Procedures
- Correct Personal Protective Equipment selection, inspection & correct use
Classroom presentation on powerpoint & supplemented by videos. There is a practical element to this course for learners, which involves the learners operating an MEWP under the supervision of our one of our experienced instructors.
Who should attend?
All those who select, hire or operate MEWP’s as part of their work activities.
- Maximum of 10 learners
- Full day course