Food Safety level 2
Our 1-day Food Safety level 2 course is a legal requirement for staff working with food or food related products. Staff are required to receive training commensurate with their level of involvement and responsibility.
This Food Hygiene HACCP – level 2 course complies with the requirements as set out by the Food Safety Authority Ireland Level 2.
Book a public course
Click to see our up-and-coming coursePublic Course
Book a a group course
get a course at your workplaceGroup Course
Who should attend this courseThis food hygiene training course is intended for those who have responsibility for managing food safety or who are involved in food preparation, service, handling and storage. This course will cover participants for both level 1 & 2. It is also ideal for those working in professional kitchens, hotels, canteens, nursing homes, hospitals, delicatessens, restaurants, childcare, as well as food producers.
This course is designed to provide students with the skills to implement good food safety practices within their workplace.
Method of training
The course is highly interactive with each theory session being followed by a demonstration, practical tasks and assessment of individual skills.
- Legal responsibility in ensuring food safety.
- Food hazards; chemical, physical and biological hazards.
- Cross-contamination and how to prevent it.
- High and low risk activities.
- Monitoring food temperature.
- Food safety records and food traceability.
- Pest Control and waste management.
- Treatment of food at risk from unhygienic practices.
- Co-operating with enforcement officers.
- Checking of deliveries.
- Food sampling and testing.
- HACCP and completion of HACCP sheets.
Assessment & Certification
Continuous assessment throughout the course. students receive a PSTC certificate on completion. The certificate is valid for 3 years.
Duration & Cost
1 day course and cost is €100