The BLS Healthcare provider course is intended for participants who provide healthcare to patients in a wide variety of settings, including in-hospital and out of hospital settings. These healthcare providers may include (but are not limited to) Physicians, Medical Students, General Practitioners, General and Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Managers and Staff Nurses, Dentists, Respiratory Therapists, Cardiac Technicians, Cardiac Rehabilitation Staff, Physiotherapists, Physical and Occupational Therapists, Nursing Students, Care Assistants and other Allied Healthcare Personnel.Course Objectives
This course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.Course Programme
- Key Changes in Basic Life Support
- Critical Concepts of High-quality CPR
- American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for Adult Child and Infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for Adult Child and Infant
- Differences between Adult, Child and Infant Rescue Techniques
- Bag-mask Techniques for Adult, Child and Infant
- Rescue Breathing for Adult, Child and Infant
- Relief of Choking for Adult, Child and Infant.
- CPR with an Advanced Airway.
The course is facilitated by an instructor who will use DVD to guide you through the course. The course is delivered through English.Assessment & Certification
Students will be assessed on a practical scenario and 25 multiple choice questions.Upon successful completion of this course students will be issued with an Irish Heart Foundation / American Heart Association credit card sized certificate. This cert will be valid for 2 years. It should also be noted that as this course is certified by both the Irish Heart Foundation & American Heart Association it is recognized internationally.Duration & Cost
half day course and cost is €70
Our half-day BLS Healthcare Providers course is designed to give participants the knowledge and skills to provide CPR to people in Cardiac Arrest.It also covers the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) safely and the use of Bag-value mask device.