This 1 Day Abrasive Wheels instructor course is designed to provide participants with all that is required to deliver an abrasive wheels course.
all materials PowerPoint, course materials, what is required to deliver this course will be provided
This training at those wanting to deliver Abrasive Wheels Training.
Candidates will learn the necessary skills and knowledge to instruct people in the abrasive wheels safety training programs
- Legislation related to Abrasive Wheels
- Hazards, Risks & Control Measures (AW)
- Types of Abrasive Wheels
- Inspection of Abrasive Wheels & Equipment
- Marking system
- Wheel Mounting
- Adjustment of Work Rests and Guards
- Handling & Storage of Abrasive Wheels
- Components of Abrasive Wheels
- Dressing & Trueing of Abrasive Wheels
- Structuring an Abrasive Wheels training course
- Delivering an Abrasive Wheels course & assessing learners knowledge and skills
The course is highly interactive with each theory session being followed by a demonstration, practical tasks and assessment of individual skills.
Successful participants will receive a 5 year PSTC Instructor Card and Certificate
A good understanding of both oral and written English. We highly recommend Candidates have or complete a QQI Level 6 Training Qualification, especially if they intend delivering instruction or training on a commercial basis.
1 day course Cost is €450
We will supply a USB Memory Stick to all trainees containing all the materials required for them to deliver their own Abrasive Wheels Safety Awareness Training. This will include;
- Abrasive Wheels Safety Awareness Course PowerPoint
- Trainee Theory and Practical Assessment Sheets
- Case Studies and photos / videos of abrasive wheel accidents and incidents
- S.A. links and content for Health & Safety Legislation in Ireland in relation to Abrasive Wheels including new legislation relating to Wood working equipment, Silica Dust Hazards etc.
- Trainee Certificate Template